Thursday, April 17, 2008

eVintage blog tag time! I was tagged by Jen at Penelopepup's Vintage Blog to answer a few questions about...MAXED OUT! The Maxi dress. This Spring the designers are heavily promoting the return of the Maxi.

MAXI OR PATIO DRESS, AND WHY?
I'll use both as a term, but generally like to stick more to "maxi" for a long dress, and "patio" for a more traditional 50s circle skirt and puffy sleeved blouse.

FAVORITE MAXI DRESS IN YOUR INVENTORY?
Hmm...I think these two:

Both Hawaiian, both so glam, both perfect for pool parties!

AS A TREND, WILL IT BE A HIT OR A MISS?
It's a somewhat tough one to pull off, you definitely need to be a tall thin gal, but it's a great look if you can do it.

DO YOU WEAR MAXI DRESSES OR SKIRTS?
Yes I do, when I have the opportunity. For certain!

PROS AND CONS?
Pros, I'm glad to see the return of the maxi length - too many sellers for years have been cutting them short short short, down into minis, and I hate to see that. It's also a very glamourous look - you can be casual and comfortable, yet still have a bit of glam. Cons, sometimes, some maxi dresses are just...eeek! You have to be choosey and pick something that's timeless and classic - some of the 70s versions are just, well, hideous! :-)

You can follow the blog tag on over to Sydney's Vintage Fashion Runway!

No comments: